Chemical Free Fragrance Recipes For Your Home
Follow these simple recipes to create natural, chemical free and richly fragrant aromas for your home. Store your favorite in a Mason Jar in your fridge and pull it out anytime you like. Cozy up with these wonderful fragrances and give your mood the boost it needs to finish out the last of the wintery weather.
Hunt & gather the following items for your natural home deodorizer:
- Mason jar / old tomato sauce jar (if storing in the fridge)
- Pot for stove top
- Any of the ingredients listed from the recipes below.
1. Cut any fruits and place in water, add spices, extracts and herbs.
2. Fill your pot with water (I use a small saucepan) 3/4 the way full, and boil.
3. As soon as it reaches the boiling point, reduce to low heat and simmer.
The famous recipe from Williams-Sonoma: 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary, a teaspoon of vanilla extract and one sliced lemon.
Fall Wonderland: 1 sliced orange, 5 cinnamon sticks, 2 tablespoons of whole cloves
Orange Amaretto: 1 sliced orange, 1 tablespoon almond extract
Sweet Mint: 2 sliced limes, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
Gingerbread: 5 1/4 inch slices of ginger, 1 tablespoon almond extract, 3 cinnamon sticks
Orange Creamsicle: 1 tablespoon vanilla, 1 sliced orange
Cordon Bleu: 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of peppermint extract, 4 sprigs of rosemary
Italian Backyard: 1 lemon, 1 tsp black peppercorns, handful of basilForest: Cedar twigs, by themselves. I love cedar.
Regal Cream: Bergamot tea (Earl Grey), 1 tsp vanilla extract
Blueberry Tea: Bergamot tea, 1 sliced orange, 1 tsp almond extract
Coconut Bay: 1 tablespoon coconut extract, 1 sliced lime